PDA

View Full Version : Cash for clunkers

Voldemort
07-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Saw this on another forum made me sad and glad. Sad that they did it but glad that I own these cars.
YouTube - Cash for clunkers trade in special

ol"blue
07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
I just think it's the governments way of messing with "us" again. The car lots are dumping a lot of cars they had sitting on the lots and using them as trade ins.

Melissa
07-31-2009, 10:12 PM
What is really scary, is that if you go to the "official" website, something like cars.gov once you are there the government will take control of your computer, track you, and have access to any of your personal and private infromation that is on there

Melissa
07-31-2009, 10:17 PM
What did he put in the oil??

ol"blue
07-31-2009, 10:17 PM
What is really scary, is that if you go to the "official" website, something like cars.gov once you are there the government will take control of your computer, track you, and have access to any of your personal and private infromation that is on there

I don't visit any "dot gov sites" because I don't know enough about computers to trust them. I'm an "old school, ol' fool".

finneys98xj
07-31-2009, 10:19 PM
That is one tough Heep!

ol"blue
07-31-2009, 10:19 PM

Sodium silicate. Kinda' like liquid sand. It hardens when heated.

Voldemort
07-31-2009, 10:20 PM
who told you that? They have never took control or tracked my computer and I always use it to files my taxes.

sodium silicate

Melissa
07-31-2009, 10:24 PM
who told you that? They have never took control or tracked my computer and I always use it to files my taxes.

I really am serious, it was on Glen Beck this evening, they were telling people NOT to go this this website, I believe it!!

ol"blue
07-31-2009, 10:25 PM

sodium silicate

Better be careful Big Guy.:scared0016::sniper:

whowey
07-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Okay.....

Obama-nomics says you need to take on more debt so he can look like he fixed the economy...

You didn't bite on the supposed deals on housing... You were scared of the losing your job...

So they go on to the second biggest ticket item 98% of Americans will finance...

So now they convince you to bite.. you take a loan on a really ugly and boring, but fuel efficient automobile...

Obama now gets to claim.. he got the economy moving, he got the car manufacturers selling cars again... and helped the enviroment. Sounds like he just solved three of his problems at once... Oooh and that little matter of 3 or 4 billion dollars in tax payer money...But hey if he is gonna hand out 2 or 3 trillion in unaccounted for "bailout" money.. what is 3 or 4 billion more????

At the expense of a few hundred thousand, perfectly usable vehicles.. creating probably close to another hundred thousand collection cases and causing those folks more problems than they had......

But remember... Change is coming...

BlueXJ
08-01-2009, 12:45 AM
I been hearing that the program is broke and the offer is now over. I hope that is right. We taxpayers can't afford all the crap programs this fool is trying to spend "OUR" money on.

whowey
08-01-2009, 07:49 AM
I been hearing that the program is broke and the offer is now over. I hope that is right. We taxpayers can't afford all the crap programs this fool is trying to spend "OUR" money on.

Well... the first billion is gone..

Obama's Harem is attempting to slam through another 2 or 3 Billion to keep it going...

Even though with all the auto plants shut down all summer, dealers are having a REALLY hard time getting vehicles that qualify. Because people aren't trying to trade an SUV they didnt really need in the first place for another one. They are trying to trade them on a car that would have served them correctly had they bought one the first time.

And if anyone thinks the EPA numbers on fuel economy changing a few days before the program officially started is just an accident. I have some really nice beachfront property I'd love to sell you :wink:

xjjeepthing
08-01-2009, 08:35 AM
I work for a Ford dealership, the whole thing is a joke. We have cars that we took on trade for the Cash for Clunkers program. Still can't get paid from the obamanation. The whole program is a disaster.

Voldemort
08-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Yes I heard while they are acting like it is a big win and trying to get more money for the program That about half of the people that got cars have not gone through and have been asked to bring the cars back. Sodium silica optional.

ol"blue
08-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

BlueXJ
08-01-2009, 10:49 AM
This whole thing is a joke unless you have been defrauded by it like most Americans will be. Dems do that all the time. Usually it is bait and switch or unfulfilled promises.