PDA

View Full Version : 2003 WJ window regulator removal and install

jeepgldgr
06-29-2012, 10:37 AM
My dr. sd. window regulator just took a crap on my 03 WJ. The motor still sounds like it's working but the window just drop down inside and will not roll back up. My question is there any one out there that either has done this repair before or has a video link of the procedure? I've already taken off the door panel and when I reached inside the small openings felt what seemed to be a cable that was loose but just not sure how to remove the regulator or how to detach the window glass from the regulator in that very confined space. Also see a lot of regulators available for $30 to $100+ which one should I buy? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank's

4.3LXJ
06-29-2012, 10:43 AM
What took a dump is a little nylon gear that wraps around that spring like cable. To remove the arm from the glass, you will find a big nut at the bottom. Remove that and you can raise the glass up or down to access what you need. Not sure about the WJ, but XJ regulators are pop riveted in with 1/4" rivets. You will have to drill the heads off with a 1/4" drill bit. To reinstall, I used 1/4X1/2" allen head screws and nylock nuts on the back.