PDA

View Full Version : pros and cons of leaf setups

muddeprived
03-30-2009, 05:55 AM
I am running OME 2" leaf packs with OME AAL and 2" RC shackles. I got around 5" out of this setup. I want to upgrade to just a full leaf pack that nets 5" but would it be worth it? Is there a reason for me to upgrade, other than for belto's need for my leaf springs? Are there any cons of what i'm running right now?

Help me save or spend some money :)

Mudderoy
03-30-2009, 09:48 AM
My AAL squeaked, hated it. After wheeling ONCE they looked flat. Squeaks are gone, got a better ride etc... with my RC 4.5" leaves. Of course I still have the 2" shackles, so I can run 5.5" or 6.5" rear lift.

Looks better, rides better, and with that heavier bumper, tire carrier, and wheel and tire, well it sits level now.

muddeprived
03-30-2009, 10:46 AM
My AAL squeaked, hated it. After wheeling ONCE they looked flat. Squeaks are gone, got a better ride etc... with my RC 4.5" leaves. Of course I still have the 2" shackles, so I can run 5.5" or 6.5" rear lift.

Looks better, rides better, and with that heavier bumper, tire carrier, and wheel and tire, well it sits level now.

How were your bumpstops back there? Did they keep the spring from inverting?

Mudderoy
03-30-2009, 11:26 AM
I am going to guess and say no.

Thinking about it I don't think I would know unless I stopped and got out and looked at it.

muddeprived
03-30-2009, 04:07 PM
I am going to guess and say no.

Thinking about it I don't think I would know unless I stopped and got out and looked at it.

Guess.....:rotfl2:

This is something I need to do, probably the last mod before I'm basically in that spot where there's nothing left that actually needs modded. But of course there's always more stuff to modify if i please to :) If i keep these springs, I want them to last because they are a damn good riding leaf spring. You know old man emu :thumbsup: Even with it's AAL, it's super soft.