PDA

View Full Version : Styles/Themes retirement...

Mudderoy
06-22-2012, 02:44 PM
If you are long time xjtalk subscriber you know that during the holiday season we would change the site's theme to Halloween, Thanks Giving, or Christmas.

We have a few "special" pages and each time they are changed, they have to be changed on each theme! This not only is tedious, but it also can lead to errors.

We are no longer going to be changing themes for the holidays, okay okay we may still do Christmas for a few days., The themes will not available for you to select at the different times when the normal xjtalk theme is.

bluedragon436
06-23-2012, 02:39 PM
I like my dark theme.. so much easier to surf xjtalk especially at night when I'm stalking the site alone!! LOL

xj4life2
06-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Booooooo!!! ok I'm over it , but thanks for doin it in the past , really set us apart from the other sites and felt alot more "family" like.

Mudderoy
06-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Booooooo!!! ok I'm over it , but thanks for doin it in the past , really set us apart from the other sites and felt alot more "family" like.

Yeah I agree, and I was happy that it was looked as as a positive thing.

XJ Wheeler
06-29-2012, 05:44 AM
If you don't mind me asking, why the change?

Mudderoy
06-29-2012, 08:34 AM
If you don't mind me asking, why the change?

Don't mind at all.

I have made a few customizations to the site. Each time they have to be changed I have to change them as many times as we have themes. If it was simply a matter of flipping a virtual switch it would be easy.

I figure for Christmas week we can probably live with a few things not up to date if I miss them, but not for the entire months of October, November and December.

XJ Wheeler
07-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I can see that. Appreciate the explanation.