PDA

View Full Version : Work Boots

greenchevy
07-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Who makes some good affordable work boots? I have a pair of Brahmas from Wally World but i tore a hole in them fast. Where can i get them? I am a landscaper so I work alot with dirt, stone(rocks), shoveling, and planting trees. So I'am not looking for steel toe boots.something that is durable but still has some comfort and flexablity.

Melissa
07-24-2009, 01:33 AM
Well IMO I really like the Arait Boots, granted mine are roper boots, but I do know that they make work boots for a good price I am thinking $70-90. My boots are 6 years old and still going strong, no holes, and very comfortable. I am not sure where you can get them, but If you are okay with internet shopping, Sheplers.com would have them.

finneys98xj
07-24-2009, 05:44 AM
wolverine are the best I have worn out.

quadracer0387
07-24-2009, 06:58 AM
texas steer from kmart

whowey
07-24-2009, 07:30 AM
I am not sure where you can get them, but If you are okay with internet shopping, Sheplers.com would have them.

Hahahaha!! Shepler's is one of my employer's big customers...

Anyway... I have a pair of Wolverine's this year. First time I have tried them. Pretty comfortable and the price was around $75. Been using them since the first of the year and they haven't broken down yet, which compared to some other boots out there is pretty good.

I would NEVER have another pair of Caterpillar boots. They lasted about 4 months before the sole tore completely loose from the boot. And they were EXTREMELY stiff to try and break in.

Red Wings are my favorite boots. But my employer won't cover them so...

Voldemort
07-24-2009, 01:31 PM
I got a pair of those El chepo Camo steel toes boots from Wally world ad have been in them going on three years. For the price have been great. No rips,tears, or even wore out part. But I mostly were them in the winter.

AJ99
07-28-2009, 01:19 AM
I have the Brahmas from wally world. I go through them quick because i wear out the toes on them... (make you jokes.. i get them all the time) I work on my hands and knees...(come on i know you got some laughs or jokes about it but its the truth i install carpet) I go through the toes in about 5 months. If you get the ones with the rubber they last a lot longer on the soles than the foam ones. But hey they are 20 bucks and cant beat that. One of my co workers went to a Boot Barn here locally and bought a high dollar pair, i wanna say like 120 or 130 for his and wore out the toes in 4 months...

BlueXJ
07-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Red Wings http://www.redwingshoes.com/work/workboots.aspx

ol"blue
07-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Wally Worlds Brahmas are a good cheap boot that hold up pretty good. So are the Texas Steers from K-Mart. JMO

greenchevy
07-29-2009, 10:39 PM
yea the handy man i work with tells me he can't find a boot that feels better then his Texas Steers from K-Mart. So i think i'm going to get a pair this weekend.