PDA

View Full Version : Door adjustment question

matchframe
05-06-2012, 07:59 PM
I am on the final stretch of re-building Kermit. For the whole story here is the link (http://xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10179)

My question is this. I have the driver's side fender where it looks like it should be in the best spot, but the body lines of the door does not match up Also the distance of the top of the door to the door frame has a larger gap than on the passenger-side. The body lines at the back of the driver's door does line up with the back door however. Is there a way to adjust the door straight up about a 1/4 inch? Is it just a matter of loosening the door hinge bolts and lifting the door and re-tightening the bolts?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

bigjim350
05-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah just loosen the bolts going to the door and that should give you enough adjustment. If it's hit so hard that you need even more adjustment the just use a drill to make the holes in the hinge bigger. But you should have enough

Sent from my nerdy smartphone

matchframe
05-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Yeah just loosen the bolts going to the door and that should give you enough adjustment. If it's hit so hard that you need even more adjustment the just use a drill to make the holes in the hinge bigger. But you should have enough

Sent from my nerdy smartphone

Cool!! Thanks! I really appreciate it! :thumbsup: