PDA

View Full Version : '99 XJ Partout

matchframe
04-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I bought a '99 XJ for parts to repair my daughter's '97 XJ. I have lots of parts left over and for sale. The '99 XJ I bought and took apart was rolled when trying to avoid a head on collision on 12 February. Mechanically, this XJ was still in pretty good shape. I don't really know how many miles were on the Jeep but was under the impression that it was over a 100,000 miles. Even as bad as the Jeep looked, the guy drove it onto my trailer when I bought it. He told me that after the accident, he drove for about 15 minutes back to home.

Here is what it looked like the day I picked it up:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/matchframe/BDG/Jeep23.jpg

Here is what it looked like 8 days later:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/matchframe/BDG/Chili11.jpg

Since these are big heavy items, I really don't want to ship them. Here are the first I am putting up for sale.

The Trans and Transfer Case. It is an AW4 trans and NP 242 transfer case. I would like $400 for both or $250 each. The guy I bought the Jeep from said they worked normally. In fact he drove the Jeep to the beach in Galveston the weekend before the wreck and played in the beach sand with the 4WD.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/matchframe/BDG/XFRCaseTrans2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/matchframe/BDG/XFRCaseTrans3.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/matchframe/BDG/XFRCase1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/matchframe/BDG/XFRCase3.jpg

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested in them or have any questions about them.

I will post more parts later.

Jdub76
04-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Were there Any skid plates on it?

matchframe
04-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Were there Any skid plates on it?

No skid plates. sorry.

XJ Wheeler
04-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I don't know if you're to this yet but i gotta ask, intake manifold? condition and price?

matchframe
04-12-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't know if you're to this yet but i gotta ask, intake manifold? condition and price?

The intake is not for sale. When my daughter wrecked her Jeep, her intake was broken and the condition of the engine in the donor Jeep was one of the main reasons I bought it. I found out later that the 99+ intakes were a good upgrade to the 97 XJs.

Here is a link to the tread about her Jeep: Link (http://xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10179)

The 4.0 long block will be for sale later once I get the parts off I need.

XJ Wheeler
04-12-2012, 08:24 AM
The intake is not for sale. When my daughter wrecked her Jeep, her intake was broken and the condition of the engine in the donor Jeep was one of the main reasons I bought it. I found out later that the 99+ intakes were a good upgrade to the 97 XJs.

Here is a link to the tread about her Jeep: Link (http://xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10179)

The 4.0 long block will be for sale later once I get the parts off I need.

Yeah the upgrade was why i was asking.

Mudderoy
04-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah the upgrade was why i was asking.

I bought 99+ intake off of ebay, for less than $100 shipped.

XJ Wheeler
04-12-2012, 10:18 AM
I bought 99+ intake off of ebay, for less than $100 shipped.

I'll check but i'm in no hurry. I'm just trying to stock pile a few parts for when/if i have to do a head gasket.:rolleye0012:

XJ Rat
04-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Do you have the foglight switch and pigtail?

matchframe
04-12-2012, 01:51 PM

I don't recall having that but when I get home this afternoon I will check. I pulled everything out except the dashboard base that bolted to the firewall. I ran out of time to pull that. I did keep everything else from the dash.

matchframe
04-12-2012, 08:04 PM

I looked at the panel and there is no fog light switch. It has the rear window defog switch and the rear window wiper switch. Where the fog light switch should be was a blank plate.

msmoorenburg
04-13-2012, 06:23 AM

I have the pigtail just no switch

prerunner1982
04-13-2012, 10:57 PM
How about rear seat belts? Only need the outer belts with the shoulder belt...

matchframe
04-14-2012, 07:41 PM
How about rear seat belts? Only need the outer belts with the shoulder belt...

The rear belts were some of the few things I did not get out. I have the front set however. I tried to get the rear set, but the Jeep was from the North and had a good coat of rust underneath from the salt on the roads. Because of this the bolts that held the belts to the body were rusted in place and I could not get the bolts out.

prerunner1982
04-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks anyways

matchframe
04-22-2012, 08:12 AM
I sold the transmission and transfer case. I will make up a list of what I have left and post them here with some pics later. If you are looking for something from a '99, ask I may have it.

bluedragon436
04-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Did it happen to have the overhead console? And if so what color is it?

tjbuggie
04-22-2012, 09:37 AM
do you still have the front drive shaft and the rear axle?? need brake parts off the rear and a front driveshaft.

matchframe
04-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Did it happen to have the overhead console? And if so what color is it?

No, it did not have the overhead console. Sorry.

matchframe
04-22-2012, 08:58 PM
do you still have the front drive shaft and the rear axle?? need brake parts off the rear and a front driveshaft.

I just sold the front drive shaft yesterday. Sorry.
I do have the rear end, but am keeping it for my '53 Chevy project.

tjbuggie
04-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Ok, just thought I would check

jeepin_idaho
04-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Any chance there is a motor for the front washer fluid available? Mine just died the other day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

matchframe
04-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Any chance there is a motor for the front washer fluid available? Mine just died the other day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, but the one in the '99 was pretty smashed when the Jeep rolled. Also my daughter's XJ was pretty smashed when she wrecked her's. I too am looking for the motors for the washer.

Mudderoy
04-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Sorry, but the one in the '99 was pretty smashed when the Jeep rolled. Also my daughter's XJ was pretty smashed when she wrecked her's. I too am looking for the motors for the washer.

How's it coming? How many times a day does your daughter ask "Is it ready yet?" :D

matchframe
04-24-2012, 09:29 AM
How's it coming? How many times a day does your daughter ask "Is it ready yet?" :D

It is going together nicely. I started the engine yesterday, but did not let it run for very long since I did not have the radiator in. Ran great and had good oil pressure. I only let it run for about 10 seconds.

Allison is pretty focused on her finals right now so has not been asking about it very much lately. We did call her to let her hear Kermit's engine run... she was pretty excited about that! :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
04-24-2012, 09:33 AM
It is going together nicely. I started the engine yesterday, but did not let it run for very long since I did not have the radiator in. Ran great and had good oil pressure. I only let it run for about 10 seconds.

Allison is pretty focused on her finals right now so has not been asking about it very much lately. We did call her to let her hear Kermit's engine run... she was pretty excited about that! :thumbsup:

Yeah, sorry I read the update right after this thread, but thanks for the response!

matchframe
04-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, sorry I read the update right after this thread, but thanks for the response!

No worries! :)

DeftwillP
04-25-2012, 03:59 PM
What color interior? Still have the plastic trim that fits around the lower front door area?

matchframe
04-25-2012, 08:39 PM
What color interior? Still have the plastic trim that fits around the lower front door area?

The interior is gray. I am pretty sure I got that piece out but will have to look. First chance I can go through those pieces will be tomorrow afternoon. I will let you know what I have.

matchframe
04-26-2012, 06:52 PM

I found those pieces. I was able to pull the driver's side only since the way the Jeep rolled, I could not get these pieces off the passenger side.

Here is what I have:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/matchframe/BDG/Jeep43.jpg

Bryan_o
01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
still got that tranny and transfer case?

matchframe
01-07-2013, 07:46 AM
still got that tranny and transfer case?

No, I sold those already.

I do have the complete 4.0 engine. Only thing is the intake I have for it is from a '97 and has a broken accessory bracket. The manifold to head mounts are still good.

Also have various interior pieces as well as the rear driver's side door.

matchframe
02-07-2014, 07:59 AM
I still have some parts available for sale from the '99 XJ.

I will update the list when I can:

-4.0 complete engine w/o the intake: $400
-Steering column complete: $150 or Best Offer
-Instrument Cluster: $60 or Best Offer
-Left Rear Door $85 or Best Offer
-Left Rear Window Glass, tinted $35 or Best Offer
-Various interior parts (No Seats) Let me know what you need and we can work out a deal.

-I will list more later
I will post pics of these parts later

IwannaXJ
08-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Do you have a spare a/c compressor by chance?

matchframe
11-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Do you have a spare a/c compressor by chance?

I did but it went under water in the Harvey Flood. It ended up in the debris pile along with most other parts I had. About the only thing I have left is the 4.0 engine that also went under water.