PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request PLEASE

Pages : [1] 2 3

XJ Wheeler
03-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Some of you may know its been a tough couple months and i hate seeming needy but this all beyond that stuff. My moms been feeling pretty bad like headaches, abdominal pain, shortness of breath, etc. So Tuesday she went to the doctor and he said maybe infection and had some blood work done. Well, early Wednesday we got a call from the doc and he said her blood levels were dangerously low and to go to the hospital immediately. So we went to the hospital and have been here ever since. There have been several tests and exams and so far we don't have a confirmed answer. She has received four units of blood and last night it seems to have dropped some more. Its looking tomorrow they will do another blood test to see if its going to level out and if so she will go home. So guys, if you would please pray for a good outcome and speedy recover to whatever it might be.

bigjim350
03-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Done. I'm sure things will turn out good

Sent from my VM670

prerunner1982
03-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Keep your head up buddy.. things will be fine.

Brasscatz
03-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Done, brother. Good luck, all will work out in the end. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

XJ Wheeler
03-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys, you don't know how much it means to me.

Got another blood level back and it has risen a little. Tomorrow morning we should know if she'll get to leave (depending on the levels). She's a trooper, but its tough to see her going through it. Hopefully some answers to come.

Thanks again.

4.3LXJ
03-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Sent one up Jake

XJ Wheeler
03-24-2012, 03:01 PM
This morning we got back another blood test. It showed to have dropped some but the doctor said it would be from diet changes and was normal. So after meeting with three doctors she was cleared for discharge and the rest of the tests could be done out-patient. Next week will be bone marrow and liver tests. We're headed home. She's still having headaches and abdominal pains though.

Thanks.

bluedragon436
03-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Glad to hear she seems to be doing somewhat better... will def. keep the prayers going for continual progress!!

4.3LXJ
03-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Glad to hear she is doing at least a little better.

XJ Wheeler
04-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Thought i'd give this an update.

So far there's been doctors visits, tests, blood draws and we still don't have an answer to the anemia. We did find out she is diabetic, type 2. Also she has some stomach bacterial problem called "h.pylori". A couple days after leaving the hospital she started having excruciating pains in her right foot, turned out to be Gout.

Her blood levels have been taken a couple times since and seems to be holding steady. Just still no answer to the anemia and going to three docs Monday including a bone marrow byopsy. The hemotologist has said that her levels don't line up with typical signs of cancer so hopefully dodged that bullet.

4.3LXJ
04-03-2012, 10:53 AM
H. pylori is known to give bleeding ulcers. Might be the problem

bluedragon436
04-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Will def. keep prayers going for this matter!! I hope that the situation is remedied by something simple!!

XJ Wheeler
04-03-2012, 12:12 PM
H. pylori is known to give bleeding ulcers. Might be the problem

Yes, but they did an endoscopy and colonoscopy. They found two pallups but no ulcers.

XJ Wheeler
04-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Will def. keep prayers going for this matter!! I hope that the situation is remedied by something simple!!

Me too man. I'm 23 and after these past months i found my first white hair today. To be 18 again.

Brasscatz
04-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Me too man. I'm 23 and after these past months i found my first white hair today. To be 18 again.

Don't feel bad... I've found several grays on my head and in my whiskers, and I'm only 26!! Not to mention that my spine is degenerating and I feel like I'm about 80 years old every single morning!

Keep us updated, prayers will continue as much as you need it (and then some) for you and your family from all of us guys and gals

XJ Wheeler
04-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Don't feel bad... I've found several grays on my head and in my whiskers, and I'm only 26!! Not to mention that my spine is degenerating and I feel like I'm about 80 years old every single morning!

Keep us updated, prayers will continue as much as you need it (and then some) for you and your family from all of us guys and gals

Thanks Jim, its been a great knowing i have you great people to ask for help.

Seems like sleep, the lack thereof, might affecting us.:smiley-sleep027:

I'll pray for your spine too, that sucks.

XJ Wheeler
04-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Had a few doc visits today. They did a bone marrow byopsy and blood tests. Her blood level was 8.2 which is low again. So, tomorrow she's getting another blood transfusion. :( Also, the pallups were benign.

Brasscatz
04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Had a few doc visits today. They did a bone marrow byopsy and blood tests. Her blood level was 8.2 which is low again. So, tomorrow she's getting another blood transfusion. :( Also, the pallups were benign.

Hey, benign is good!!! I see that as progress brother! :thumbsup:

Showtime3492
04-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Prayer = done
hang in there man.

jdougn
04-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the updates, they remind us to pray.
Doug

XJ Wheeler
04-19-2012, 07:40 PM
She has Leukemia...

Brasscatz
04-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Oh my god Jake.... I'm so, so, so, so sorry to hear that. Is she going to go through treatment?

4.3LXJ
04-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Jake, I am so sorry to hear that. Are they going to treat her?

XJ Wheeler
04-19-2012, 11:09 PM
She's questioning it but i think she will, and hope she does. Should know more tomorrow.

Brasscatz
04-20-2012, 10:36 AM
She's questioning it but i think she will, and hope she does. Should know more tomorrow.

We will all keep you and your family in our prayers

XJ Wheeler
04-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Didn't really find out much more yesterday, but she gonna be going through chemotherapy. Most likely Wednesday she will go in to the hospital for 5-30 days for the first treatment, depending on how her body does with it. And were gonna be off work for 3-6 months.

She's scared.

bigjim350
04-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Its good to hear she is starting chemo so soon. And dont listen to all the bad things people say about chemo. My dad was on it for 6months and the only bad reactions he had to it was not being able to eat or drink cold stuff, and some numbness in his hands. I am praying that things go well.

4.3LXJ
04-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Praying for her and you

XJ Wheeler
04-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Its good to hear she is starting chemo so soon. And dont listen to all the bad things people say about chemo. My dad was on it for 6months and the only bad reactions he had to it was not being able to eat or drink cold stuff, and some numbness in his hands. I am praying that things go well.

Sorry that he had to go through that, why did he need chemo?

bigjim350
04-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Sorry that he had to go through that, why did he need chemo?

He had stage 4 colon cancer. After the surgery and chemo he has been fine for a while now.

XJ Wheeler
04-22-2012, 11:10 PM
He had stage 4 colon cancer. After the surgery and chemo he has been fine for a while now.

Glad to hear he's doing good. It sucks going through this, eh.

bigjim350
04-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah its not easy. My wife has had cancer also. But she has gone almost 5yrs now with no signs of it returning. The medicine and technology they have now makes things much better than they use to be.

XJ Wheeler
04-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Woof, so you've had your dealings with it. I do keep hearing that there's been many advancements in recent years, so thats helpful to know. Its even taking its toll on me. I've been slightly dizzy and weak for a little over a week now, the stress is just so immense.

XJ Wheeler
04-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Spent about 6hours at MD Anderson today. Did a heart scan, and more blood draws.

Brasscatz
04-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Get any results yet?

XJ Wheeler
04-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Well, some. It looks to be AML (acute myeloid leukemia). What they can't seem to figure out is her platelets are normal and her white blood cells are near normal, which is unheard of in leukemia patients. The only guess they have is that they found it "extremely freaking early" (doctors' exact words). Plus she feels fairly good, at least when she isn't anemic.

Brasscatz
04-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Hey!!! That's great news!!! The earlier the better!! There is so much on her side in this, Jake. Keep up the fight, good things will come!

bigjim350
04-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Yeah that is good news. And be thankful you live so close to M.D Anderson. People from all over the country come down here just to go there. Mainly cause they are the best.

XJ Wheeler
04-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Yeah, they think she's definitely got a lot going for her. Wednesday we go back for chemo and the final results on the biopsy, which will tell us a lot (like prognosis & treatment).

XJ Wheeler
04-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Here i set beside my mom while she is being transfused, two units today. Saw the doc earlier, he says her leukemia has a cell mutation that will make remission harder, as well as a greater chance of relapse.

But today we thought she would start chemo, alas that is not true. Apparently its going to be another week to begin due to her insurance hasn't approved the treatment yet.

Her white blood cells seem to be dropping now also.

Brasscatz
04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Dude... insurance is getting worse and worse by the second. And if something doesn't change come this November... it's going to get even worse.

You've got so many people supporting you, her and your family.... cell mutation plus another week won't stand a chance against the strength that surrounds your entire family. Be strong brother, we've got your back.

XJ Wheeler
04-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Dude... insurance is getting worse and worse by the second. And if something doesn't change come this November... it's going to get even worse.

You've got so many people supporting you, her and your family.... cell mutation plus another week won't stand a chance against the strength that surrounds your entire family. Be strong brother, we've got your back.

Ha, for sure! Nothing greater than the power of God.

Once again, thanks guys. Positive reinforcement is such a great thing when something like this happens and when your mind starts to run crazy. You guys have been great, and if i can ever repay the favor let me know.

Brasscatz
04-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Ha, for sure! Nothing greater than the power of God.

Once again, thanks guys. Positive reinforcement is such a great thing when something like this happens and when your mind starts to run crazy. You guys have been great, and if i can ever repay the favor let me know.

Consider it paid, Jake. I don't think anybody here will keep score :drinking:

XJ Wheeler
05-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Went back to MD again today to start chemo, and once again delayed by the insurance. There is a specific chemo to target that cell mutation but its still in trial till they can get it approved. After leaving we got a call saying the insurance denied that specific chemo. So the new plan is to go back on Friday to start the regular chemotherapy. Insurance companies suck.

4.3LXJ
05-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Prayers are still with you.

Brasscatz
05-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Oh. My. God. DENIED?????? WTF????? How can they FREAKING SLEEP AT NIGHT??? I don't understand how insurance companies can just play God like that. It's not like we're a teenager asking mommy and daddy to buy us a new Ferrari.... you should ask the ins company what you pay them for. And ask them how they sleep at night while you're at it.

XJ Wheeler
05-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Hit the nail square on the head with that.

XJ Wheeler
05-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Yesterday morning we went to MD and met with the doc, he said they got approval on the "standard of care" chemotherapy and that we would start it the same day. We waited till 11 last night to get a room, long day right. Well they had to start a P.I.C. line to run the chemo through and well, that didn't go so well. We finally got to sleep around 6am and they couldn't get the line done (not without a lot of trying and pain). Today they did get it started as well as an x-ray. In the afternoon they did start the two "standard of care" chemotherapies. So far so good, no major complications. They said she will probably be going through this for eight months if all goes well.

4.3LXJ
05-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Glad to hear there is progress. Arteries are hard to hit sometimes. I sympathize, mine are hard to hit too.

XJ Wheeler
05-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Glad to hear there is progress. Arteries are hard to hit sometimes. I sympathize, mine are hard to hit too.

Yeah, she's always had a hard time getting stuck. With this line though they can use it for pretty much everything, so there shouldn't be anymore needles.

4.3LXJ
05-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Yes, it can be left in for a long period of time

XJ Wheeler
05-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Yes, it can be left in for a long period of time

My brother and i are going to have to take a class to learn how to flush and dress it.

4.3LXJ
05-05-2012, 11:23 PM
That will be better. I took care of my wife's J tube at home while she was recovering from a car wreck. Did her therapy too. Took her to the mall in her walker and brace. She was doing pretty well after only two weeks.

XJ Wheeler
05-06-2012, 12:19 AM
That will be better. I took care of my wife's J tube at home while she was recovering from a car wreck. Did her therapy too. Took her to the mall in her walker and brace. She was doing pretty well after only two weeks.

Whew, must of been a bad wreck. Did she have a full recovery?

4.3LXJ
05-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Pretty much. Broken back, torn lung, diaphragm ripped completely loose and hole in the main vein into her heart. Doing pretty well considering.

XJ Wheeler
05-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Pretty much. Broken back, torn lung, diaphragm ripped completely loose and hole in the main vein into her heart. Doing pretty well considering.

Wow, glad she got through all that pretty well.

Brasscatz
05-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Sorry I wasn't on much and missed the update. Glad something finally got cookin'. Still keeping you guys in our prayers.

The more assistance that family can give with the care, the better ;) She will probably feel embarrassed and helpless at first, but in the long run she will realize just how much better and nicer it is to have the support of her family helping rather than med staff. Kinda like Steve's wife, my father was in a horrible wreck that should've killed him back on 4/3/97. The hospital let him go home before he should've, but it was because we were able to do everything for him. Kinda tough on me being in 6th grade at the time, but I wouldn't trade being able to help him out for anything.

XJ Wheeler
05-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Sorry I wasn't on much and missed the update. Glad something finally got cookin'. Still keeping you guys in our prayers.

The more assistance that family can give with the care, the better ;) She will probably feel embarrassed and helpless at first, but in the long run she will realize just how much better and nicer it is to have the support of her family helping rather than med staff. Kinda like Steve's wife, my father was in a horrible wreck that should've killed him back on 4/3/97. The hospital let him go home before he should've, but it was because we were able to do everything for him. Kinda tough on me being in 6th grade at the time, but I wouldn't trade being able to help him out for anything.

Good to hear your dad made it through, God must of not been ready for him. That does sound hard on someone so young.

It can make a big difference. I will be with her through it all, for anything she needs.

Today they just switched off the chemotherapy for the day and got through with a blood transfusion. She didn't get much sleep throughout the night. So far she hasn't been feeling tip top but not horrible either.

Brasscatz
05-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Good to hear Round 1 went alright. Keep us updated brother.

bigjim350
05-07-2012, 02:04 AM
So are you staying down at MD Anderson? Or are you driving back home?

XJ Wheeler
05-07-2012, 03:58 PM
So are you staying down at MD Anderson? Or are you driving back home?

We're at MD, luckily there is a couch and chair for my brother and i to sleep. Its looking like their going to discharge her once this round of chemo is done, maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Unlike how they were saying to keep her for approximately 21 days till she started to bounce back after her levels bottomed out.

msmoorenburg
05-08-2012, 06:32 AM
We're at MD, luckily there is a couch and chair for my brother and i to sleep. Its looking like their going to discharge her once this round of chemo is done, maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Unlike how they were saying to keep her for approximately 21 days till she started to bounce back after her levels bottomed out.

Well if you get some free time ride the train up into downtown, and hit up the hubcap for a good burger. The food in that side of town isn't that great

oderdene
05-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Well if you get some free time ride the train up into downtown, and hit up the hubcap for a good burger. The food in that side of town isn't that great

2X, take care bro and keep yourself healthy, you can help her a lot.

XJ Wheeler
05-08-2012, 01:33 PM

Might have to do that. It been cafeteria food for five days and its living up to the term "cafeteria food sucks".

Brasscatz
05-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Yeah.... That food does get old reeeaaaaal quick. Any updates today?

XJ Wheeler
05-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Yesterday she really started to have some side effects. Nausea, diarrhea, and fatigue. She slept a lot yesterday, and also finished the first round of chemo. Last night she developed a fever (100.6°f) that has since subsided. And her o2 saturation dropped to 85 while sleeping so they put her on 2liters of oxygen, but took it off the morning. So their keeping her another day.

xj4life2
05-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Hang in there man were praying for ya,and the med staff working on her, remember he is the great healer and that with God nothing is imposable.All the things you mention are normal side effects of Chemo. so I really wouldn't fret much about that.Find a freind or a chaplin at the hospital and ask him to pray with you , for her and for you, you need to be strong and not show any signs of worry, your faith and strenght will rub off on her. Also they have a AIR 1 station somewhere down there , Christian radio, you can look them up on the internet, call them and ask for prayer request, they have pastors on staff waiting for calls.

XJ Wheeler
05-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Hang in there man were praying for ya,and the med staff working on her, remember he is the great healer and that with God nothing is imposable.All the things you mention are normal side effects of Chemo. so I really wouldn't fret much about that.Find a freind or a chaplin at the hospital and ask him to pray with you , for her and for you, you need to be strong and not show any signs of worry, your faith and strenght will rub off on her. Also they have a AIR 1 station somewhere down there , Christian radio, you can look them up on the internet, call them and ask for prayer request, they have pastors on staff waiting for calls.

Thanks a ton, all great advice and info. And, yesterday we did have the chaplin come to the room and pray with us.

Brasscatz
05-10-2012, 11:47 PM
I have an idea... Can we all set an agreed time tomorrow or Saturday or even in the next few days that we can all set an alarm on our phones or our watches and take time for a synchronized prayer? Sometimes you feel that strength of mass prayer even if we aren't all right beside each other. Feel free to say what you want in your prayer, but maybe a concentrated dose will have such strength that you can feel it in your heart from right where you are.
When we agree on a time, please somebody pm me so that I get the notification. I've been out of town on business and haven't been able to log in here much. If I get a pm, It'll send me an email notification to my phone. I don't want to miss the time we all agree upon. I'm good for any time at all.

XJ Wheeler
05-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I have an idea... Can we all set an agreed time tomorrow or Saturday or even in the next few days that we can all set an alarm on our phones or our watches and take time for a synchronized prayer? Sometimes you feel that strength of mass prayer even if we aren't all right beside each other. Feel free to say what you want in your prayer, but maybe a concentrated dose will have such strength that you can feel it in your heart from right where you are.
When we agree on a time, please somebody pm me so that I get the notification. I've been out of town on business and haven't been able to log in here much. If I get a pm, It'll send me an email notification to my phone. I don't want to miss the time we all agree upon. I'm good for any time at all.

That's an awesome idea!

XJ Wheeler
05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Update:
Over the last few days she has still been having pain from her picc line. So they did an ultrasound and found a blood clot. Right now they are inserting another picc line so they can remove the other one.

Brasscatz
05-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Update:
Over the last few days she has still been having pain from her picc line. So they did an ultrasound and found a blood clot. Right now they are inserting another picc line so they can remove the other one.

Sorry to hear that, glad they're getting it taken care of though

That's an awesome idea!

Ok, I'm back in town. So, how about 3pm on tomorrow, Sunday the 13th?

XJ Wheeler
05-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear that, glad they're getting it taken care of though

Ok, I'm back in town. So, how about 3pm on tomorrow, Sunday the 13th?

Sounds great! And synchronize!

Brasscatz
05-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Sounds great! And synchronize!

Alrighty, I've got my phone alarm set for 3pm central time... any other takers?

matchframe
05-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Alrighty, I've got my phone alarm set for 3pm central time... any other takers?

I will join in! Prayer is powerful, especially when agreed on at a specific time.

Sorry, I have not been following this thread earlier. I was at MD Anderson this week and the week before, so I know what it's like to go there. Best place in the world for cancer treatment, but always better to leave.

XJ Wheeler
05-13-2012, 05:23 PM
That was awesome! Thanks to all that joined in.

My mom would like to thank you guys as well.
"I would like to say thank you with all my heart for this synchronized prayer. I find it amazing you guys did this for me. I believe in the power of prayer, and trust in the Lord with all my soul. I really appreciate you for all your thoughts and prayers. I hope to make a full recovery from this and live a long life if that be Gods will. God bless you all and have a blessed day."

Brasscatz
05-14-2012, 12:18 AM
I have to say that honestly touched my heart and brought a tear to my eye, Jake. Tell her it's our pleasure and we'll keep the prayers coming! I want to thank everybody that joined in as well. I hope the strength was felt in everybody's core.

XJ Wheeler
05-14-2012, 03:44 AM
It was felt deeply by us in this little room at MD Anderson, thanks to you Jim.

XJ Wheeler
05-14-2012, 04:08 AM
Still here at MD. She is also still having bad diarrhea but the nausea has progressively gotten better and the fatigue some as well. Yesterday she received 2 units of blood and a unit of platelets as her levels have dropped rapidly in the last few days. Last night she had a temp of 102.4°f but was dealt with accordingly with tylenol. They believe its Colitis causing the diarrhea and fever.

XJ Wheeler
05-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Tonight marks two weeks at MD. Yesterday she had a platelet transfusion and her picc line was clotted , so they had to clear it. Today a blood transfusion, and she started losing some of her hair. She was pretty upset went it happened, you guys know how women are about their hair. Otherwise she's doing pretty well, still not sure when we're headed home.

bigjim350
05-19-2012, 01:13 AM
If your still there on sunday I might pay you a visit, maybe go out to lunch or something. I know from experiance, it gets a little mind numbing sitting in a hospital all the time. PM me your number if your intrested.

XJ Wheeler
05-19-2012, 04:45 PM
If your still there on sunday I might pay you a visit, maybe go out to lunch or something. I know from experiance, it gets a little mind numbing sitting in a hospital all the time. PM me your number if your intrested.

Pm sent

Brasscatz
05-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Tonight marks two weeks at MD. Yesterday she had a platelet transfusion and her picc line was clotted , so they had to clear it. Today a blood transfusion, and she started losing some of her hair. She was pretty upset went it happened, you guys know how women are about their hair. Otherwise she's doing pretty well, still not sure when we're headed home.

Glad to hear she's doing fairly well. You can get her excited about all the wigs she can wear, and how nice it's going to be not having to fight the Houston humidity to get it fixed! If she's easily cheered up by jokes, you can rib her a little bit too :) Anything to get her spirits up can do wonders!

XJ Wheeler
05-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Woohoo! We're free! She finally got discharged and she's doing good. Still some minor stuff but all is well. Just left MD a few minutes ago.

Brasscatz
05-21-2012, 08:39 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!! That's AWESOME Jake!!

4.3LXJ
05-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Good news. I will pray for her further recovery

XJ Wheeler
05-22-2012, 02:08 PM
And we're back at MD... outpatient this time. Just labs and checking up, gonna have to come back three times a week.

Brasscatz
05-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Not bad... get to sleep in her own bed and not be cooped up in a hospital is well worth it!

XJ Wheeler
05-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Not bad... get to sleep in her own bed and not be cooped up in a hospital is well worth it!

Yes!

XJ Wheeler
05-24-2012, 01:10 AM
A couple hours ago she suddenly got a bad headache then lost vision in both eyes. We were in the middle of changing the picc line bandage so we rushed to finish. By then the headache stopped. We called 911, the fire fighters got there in maybe 2 minutes with the ems minutes behind. At that time her vision started to return. Went ahead and took her to the E.R here locally. There now, and other than some dizziness she seems ok. Looks like we're spending the night though.

4.3LXJ
05-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Scary. That is weird. Any idea what happened?

Mudderoy
05-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Sounds like the blood pressure shot up, or dropped.

XJ Wheeler
05-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Still don't have any real answer. Last night before this happened she had taken three medications and we had just flushed the picc line with heparin. That same thought went through my head too about the blood pressure.

They did a head ct scan last night and today we do know there isn't a bleed, so that's good.

But yeah, very scary. We go back to MD tomorrow and are currently being discharged from here. She still seems pretty good.

Brasscatz
05-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear about that Jake. I can't even imagine

xj4life2
05-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Don't mean to sound like a know it all but, from my experiance in this type of situation be sure that she is drinking enough water, we went through similar experiance with my father in law scary but it turned out to be dehydration, Still praying and I know the master healer is still on duty !!!!

Mudderoy
05-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Don't mean to sound like a know it all but, from my experiance in this type of situation be sure that she is drinking enough water, we went through similar experiance with my father in law scary but it turned out to be dehydration, Still praying and I know the master healer is still on duty !!!!

Don't worry about it. If you were a REAL know it all you'd be driving a XJ wouldn't ya. :mock:

LizardRunner
05-24-2012, 12:52 PM
One other thing to check besides the dehydration possibility would be drug interaction. Lots of doctors forget to do that when prescribing meds. Usually it's just the patient not remembering to tell what all they are taking but on occassion... Am keeping her in my prayers. This night I am leading a medicine wheel ceremony and will have all the participants say prayers for her and her doctors.

XJ Wheeler
05-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks a ton for the thoughts and prayers guys. To update since leaving the hospital she's been feeling a little off balance when walking and a little weak.

They checked out all her medications while we were there and she's only on meds MD prescribed. I do wonder about dehydration because they had her on fluids at MD but not since she was discharged.

xj4life2
05-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Don't worry about it. If you were a REAL know it all you'd be driving a XJ wouldn't ya. :mock:

Guess I had that commin, but it wouldn't be RED :mock:

XJ Wheeler
05-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Just left MD after 12 hours. Today consisted of labs, review, cat scan (to have their own confirmation there isn't a bleed), and a platelet transfusion.

Brasscatz
05-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Any more episodes since?

XJ Wheeler
05-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Any more episodes since?

A couple bouts of headaches and dizziness but nothing major. Vision's been good, very thankful for that.

XJ Wheeler
06-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Just left MD, today she had a bone marrow aspiration done. That will let us know if she's in remission (no cancer), should have the results for next wednesdays appointment. If she is in remission there will be another five rounds of chemotherapy. If not, they will look at other chemo options.

xj4life2
06-01-2012, 04:01 PM
lets all ask that she is in remission !!!

XJ Wheeler
06-01-2012, 05:49 PM
lets all ask that she is in remission !!!

Yes! Please!

Brasscatz
06-01-2012, 06:19 PM
I'll be saying my prayers real hard bro!

4.3LXJ
06-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Been praying for ya too

Brasscatz
06-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Hey bro, Any updates? How's she doing?

xj4life2
06-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Hey bro, Any updates? How's she doing?

x2 please

XJ Wheeler
06-06-2012, 02:58 PM
She's good, her white cells, platelets, and red cells have all bounced back into or close to normal range. She was a little late at it but it happened fast when it did. The appointment with the doc is at 3:30 to get the results for the bone marrow aspiration, i should have word on it in about an hour and a half.:pray:

XJ Wheeler
06-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Took a bit longer than i thought, doc and labs ran late.

From what the results show she is not in remission. The main number we're watching is the "blast" ratio. Normal range (or the range they would consider her in remission) is 0-5% blast, hers showed to be 9%. Which shows she did in fact respond to the chemo as when this started she was at 37. But... to throw a twist into this horror film the doctor wants to do another bone marrow aspiration tomorrow in hopes it has lowered into the "normal" range. Not sure why but he says it happens.

The new itinerary is bone marrow aspiration tomorrow and results Friday. Also, either way, it looks like she's going for the next round of chemo either Friday or early next week.

Brasscatz
06-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey, she may not be in remission already, but WOW what an improvement! I think that's wonderful! Keep us posted, I get a little worried when it's been a while. Of course, I suppose no news is good news, but still ;)

XJ Wheeler
06-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Hey, she may not be in remission already, but WOW what an improvement! I think that's wonderful! Keep us posted, I get a little worried when it's been a while. Of course, I suppose no news is good news, but still ;)

Yes, its much better to respond to the chemo than not. So that's one for the good pile.

Roger that, i'll keep the updates a comin'

XJ Wheeler
06-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Bone marrow aspiration is done, it went well.

Btw, Happy Survivors week! To commemorate all the people who have had to go to battle with cancer and came out the victor. I know of one on this forum, so to Matchframe and any other soldiers against cancer. Happy Survivors Week!

XJ Wheeler
06-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Halleluja! We have remission! Met with the doc again today to find out her blast was at 2%, apparently quite a remarkable result from only one round of chemotherapy. She was supposed to be admitted today for the second treatment, but the hospital was busy today so no available rooms. Might get in tomorrow, just wait and see.

Thank you God.

Brasscatz
06-08-2012, 07:29 PM
THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME JAKE!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

:jumping0041::happy0180:

4.3LXJ
06-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Hallelujah

XJ Wheeler
06-08-2012, 07:56 PM
It is AWESOME! We're taking her out to dinner to celebrate.

Brasscatz
06-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Have a toast for me!

matchframe
06-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Bone marrow aspiration is done, it went well.

Btw, Happy Survivors week! To commemorate all the people who have had to go to battle with cancer and came out the victor. I know of one on this forum, so to Matchframe and any other soldiers against cancer. Happy Survivors Week!

Thanks XJ Wheeler!! I give the glory to God for conquering my cancer. I had a lot of people praying for me during my battle.

matchframe
06-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Halleluja! We have remission! Met with the doc again today to find out her blast was at 2%, apparently quite a remarkable result from only one round of chemotherapy. She was supposed to be admitted today for the second treatment, but the hospital was busy today so no available rooms. Might get in tomorrow, just wait and see.

Thank you God.

That is AWESOME!! Praise God!!!

XJ Wheeler
06-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks XJ Wheeler!! I give the glory to God for conquering my cancer. I had a lot of people praying for me during my battle.

Bill, anytime!

I don't think I've thanked God more for anything in my life. There is a lot of power in prayer, and the Lord is always there to listen. :pray:

XJ Wheeler
06-09-2012, 10:15 PM
She finally got in a room. We got the call around 6pm, arrived about 9. Not much else going on except she's still ecstatic about being in remission.

Brasscatz
06-09-2012, 11:44 PM
I still find it amazing what the power of prayer can do!

XJ Wheeler
06-12-2012, 09:43 PM
On day 3 now. A little nausea but otherwise she's doing well. Finishing up the chemo in the morning and planning on going home tomorrow if all goes well.

oderdene
06-12-2012, 10:43 PM
thanks for good news bro, nice to hear she is recovering well. good luck to you.

Brasscatz
06-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Fingers crossed!

nateyz2000
06-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Just want to say, God is good... This thread is a prime example of answered prayer!

Nate
<><

XJ Wheeler
06-13-2012, 01:14 AM
Just want to say, God is good... This thread is a prime example of answered prayer!

Nate
<><

You know it!

Btw, i hope ya don't mind, i would like to put the fish symbol in my Sig too.

xj4life2
06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I agree and lets not forget to praise him and give him the glory for this!!!

nateyz2000
06-13-2012, 11:47 AM
You know it!

Btw, i hope ya don't mind, i would like to put the fish symbol in my Sig too.

Put it on! Just part of who I am...

Nate
<><

xj4life2
06-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Put it on! Just part of who I am...

Nate
<><

Just part? I am because he is, or as the song says "i can play the background and he take the lead "

nateyz2000
06-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Just part? I am because he is, or as the song says "i can play the background and he take the lead "

Lacrae is good stuff.. lol and you know what I meant... Lol

Nate
<><

xj4life2
06-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Yup just messin , hey I just opened a social group for Christian Wheelers here. There are alot of us on here.Of course everyone is at a different stage in thier walk but its all good !!

PS Kutless is better lol but then music is my thing so I listen to all of them , Manifest is great also !! I think its Todd Agnew that gets to my heart the most though.

nateyz2000
06-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Yup just messin , hey I just opened a social group for Christian Wheelers here. There are alot of us on here.Of course everyone is at a different stage in thier walk but its all good !!

PS Kutless is better lol but then music is my thing so I listen to all of them , Manifest is great also !! I think its Todd Agnew that gets to my heart the most though.

I wouldn't go that far... Manifest is tight, kutless is pretty good... Thousand foot crutch is awesome... All and all, most of the Christian music out nowadays is pretty good... I get down to it all... And I think Chris tomlin gets to me more...
Anyways... Maybe we should start a thread... I couldn't find the group...

Nate
<><

XJ Wheeler
06-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Started to get a little more nausea and diarrhea today.

We finally left MD around 8pm, just took a while to get ready.

Picked up some food and when we got home (been staying in conroe at my grandpas old house) there was a surprise. That weather we got yesterday must have been rough. Two of the pines had topped themselves. One, the top 50? feet of a 70? footer and two, the top 30? feet of a 60? footer. Wow, we feel so blessed cause one is right next to the house and they both went the other way. The 50' one took out the fence though, but that's small marbles. A nicely sized branch went down also, right were my grandpas old truck set, last week. Booyah! Should have pics tomorrow, might start a thread for it.

Three blessings in one week. You rock, God!

xj4life2
06-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Yes he does !! And remember he's watches over his flock constantly and will never let you down. !!

XJ Wheeler
06-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Update: The chemo has taken her blood levels down as its suppose to. In the next week and a half(?) they should continue to stay down and then return. Right now we've been waiting for three hours for her to get two transfusions (one blood, one platelets), hopefully it doesn't take till after midnight like last time.

She herself has been slowly feeling a little worse the last couple days. Today she shows a minor fever but we have to watch very closely as basically she has no immune system to fight any infection.

Brasscatz
06-22-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry she isn't feeling well. We are still in remission though, right?

XJ Wheeler
06-22-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm sorry she isn't feeling well. We are still in remission though, right?

As far as we know. They do a bone marrow aspiration after every cycle once her levels recover. That is the only way to know for sure.

Brasscatz
06-22-2012, 07:34 PM
I'll keep praying bro

XJ Wheeler
06-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Her temp has risen rather swiftly in the last couple hours. We're done with the transfusions but because of the temp we are now waiting in the emergency center.

XJ Wheeler
06-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Still up... They finally admitted her, about an hour ago we got into the room. Her temp got up to 103.2°, and feeling horrible. Tons of aches, chills, and some pain. It has gotten marginally better but i don't know if that will last. Time will tell. Sleeps overrated, right?

4.3LXJ
06-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Sent one up for her Jake

Brasscatz
06-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Dang bro. Sleep is overrated. I hope that place has some good coffee... they usually don't.

XJ Wheeler
06-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Finally got some sleep, not enough but some. Turns out she has fungal pneumonia, which is apparently worse than regular pneumonia. The doctor says that in about 48 hours we should know if the antibiotics are gonna work. She's still running 103° and not feeling good. Another problem is she needs blood and they say they can't give her any till the temp comes down. Plus the fever is eating up even more blood.

Brasscatz
06-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Finally got some sleep, not enough but some. Turns out she has fungal pneumonia, which is apparently worse than regular pneumonia. The doctor says that in about 48 hours we should know if the antibiotics are gonna work. She's still running 103° and not feeling good. Another problem is she needs blood and they say they can't give her any till the temp comes down. Plus the fever is eating up even more blood.

Dang, man. Pneumonia is no fun at all. I had another idea.... kind of like the synchronized prayer, which I'd love to do again, maybe all of us in the area can go to our local blood donation center and give some blood. It probably wouldn't go to her, but it would certainly help out a lot of people who could benefit from it. Plus, it would make more available to her and everyone else in need.

Still praying for y'all, brother. :pinkribbon::pray:

XJ Wheeler
06-24-2012, 02:55 AM
Dang, man. Pneumonia is no fun at all. I had another idea.... kind of like the synchronized prayer, which I'd love to do again, maybe all of us in the area can go to our local blood donation center and give some blood. It probably wouldn't go to her, but it would certainly help out a lot of people who could benefit from it. Plus, it would make more available to her and everyone else in need.

Still praying for y'all, brother. :pinkribbon::pray:

Throughout all this i have realized just how important blood and platelet donors are. There are countless people just in this building alone that would not be able to survive without them. My mom is one of those people. It is crucial to anyone going through chemotherapy. So, to your idea i say, Thank you. Any of you that do donate can know that most likely it is going to save someone's life. At the transfusion unit here at MD Anderson is always full, at least 20 waiting and maybe more getting transfused. Just to know you can donate platelets much more often than blood, platelets are harder to come by and have a much shorter shelf life.

Another prayer would be great, it would mean a great deal to her.

The fever has been fighting, with tylenol her temp has lowered in the 99s but only for a couple hours. It did lower enough to start a unit of blood (thanks to a donor).

Btw, her birthday is Tuesday.

4.3LXJ
06-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Fungal infections are tough. My wife had one of those after a car wreck. Will be praying for her.

XJ Wheeler
06-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Fungal infections are tough. My wife had one of those after a car wreck. Will be praying for her.

This one is tough on her, definitely not a common cold.

Not much has changed, her oxygen saturation has gone down some though. Still fighting the fever.

Thanks to all for the prayers.

matchframe
06-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Praying!!

4.3LXJ
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
When my wife had hers, they gave her some stuff IV that put her tongue on fire. No jalapenos needed. Cured it in three days though.

XJ Wheeler
06-25-2012, 07:41 PM
When my wife had hers, they gave her some stuff IV that put her tongue on fire. No jalapenos needed. Cured it in three days though.

That had to feel weird. Her mouth has had a lot of changes but no burning.

She had a ct scan this morning, showed three spots of infection in her lungs. She's suppose to do a bronchoscopy in the morning but she's on the fence about it.

Brasscatz
06-25-2012, 11:56 PM
That's where they shove a little tube with a camera on it down into your throat, right? That sounds uncomfortable as heck. I certainly understand her being on the fence about it. That is tough, but if it will help her, I say go for it. Still praying, brother. 5 minutes to midnight and I probably won't be on until tomorrow evening, so wish her a VERY happy birthday for me brother.

XJ Wheeler
06-26-2012, 12:41 AM
That's where they shove a little tube with a camera on it down into your throat, right? That sounds uncomfortable as heck. I certainly understand her being on the fence about it. That is tough, but if it will help her, I say go for it. Still praying, brother. 5 minutes to midnight and I probably won't be on until tomorrow evening, so wish her a VERY happy birthday for me brother.

Yes, somewhat. It is a tube that goes done the throat, bronchial tubes, and into the lungs. They will retrieve a specimen to examine. Problem is there's a risk of bleeding and with her platelets down she's concern about bleeding too much. Also, its only a 30-40% chance they will learn anything from it.

Thank you very much, i will surely relay the birthday wishes. Gonna have to try to find a cake and candles somewhere around here.

cantab27
06-26-2012, 12:44 AM
hang in there jake,,,my thoughts are with you and ya family bro....

XJ Wheeler
06-27-2012, 09:32 AM
She did decide to go through with the test, it went well also. Should have results tomorrow. Other than that shes been coughing a lot, probably do to that test. Also, her oxygen saturation has been dropping, so she's on oxygen while sleeping.

Made the best of her b-day, the people here actually gave her a cake. Had to go get candles though and lit the 53 candle'd bonfire of a cake outside the building.:crazy:

Brasscatz
06-27-2012, 10:50 AM
She did decide to go through with the test, it went well also. Should have results tomorrow. Other than that shes been coughing a lot, probably do to that test. Also, her oxygen saturation has been dropping, so she's on oxygen while sleeping.

Made the best of her b-day, the people here actually gave her a cake. Had to go get candles though and lit the 53 candle'd bonfire of a cake outside the building.:crazy:

I'm glad she went through with it. Hopefully it'll be a successful test!

XJ Wheeler
06-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Awaiting discharge...

The last few days she's been doing a lot better. No more fevers or chills, and her coughing has decreased greatly. Her oxygen level is still down though, and the doctor feels that's ok. The results came back on the broncoscopy, so they change up her antibiotics. Her memory's been slipping a little the past couple days. Not much else, i'll keep em coming.

Brasscatz
06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
How's she doing today, bro?

XJ Wheeler
06-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Pretty good, just a little drowsy.

4x4Dalton
06-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Yer all in my prayers

Brasscatz
06-30-2012, 09:50 PM
You guys back home, or still at MD Anderson?

XJ Wheeler
06-30-2012, 09:51 PM
She got discharged yesterday, back in conroe.

Brasscatz
06-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Good deal! Comfort of home is always best! Hey, we need to hook up sometime and hang out. Where abouts in Conroe are ya?

XJ Wheeler
06-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Good deal! Comfort of home is always best! Hey, we need to hook up sometime and hang out. Where abouts in Conroe are ya?

Right off 1488 near I-45. Haven't really been doing anything but taking care of her though.

Brasscatz
06-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Absolutely bro. That's most important. Sometime in the future we'll go wheelin and stuff.

XJ Wheeler
06-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Absolutely bro. That's most important. Sometime in the future we'll go wheelin and stuff.

Sounds great. Its been so long since I've been wheeling.

XJ Wheeler
07-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Yesterday she had an appointment with a dermatologist at MD. They removed a spot on her back, apparently a possible melanoma.

Brasscatz
07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
I've actually had two of those. I have to go in yearly for a full body check. Few spots on my arm that need to be looked at now. I really don't mind the full body check because my doctor lady is pretty hot and she never wears gloves :D.... Dr. Tricia Brown http://houstonskincenter.com/

XJ Wheeler
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
I've actually had two of those. I have to go in yearly for a full body check. Few spots on my arm that need to be looked at now. I really don't mind the full body check because my doctor lady is pretty hot and she never wears gloves :D.... Dr. Tricia Brown http://houstonskincenter.com/

Haha :p Did you say those visits were once a year... or once a week!:rolleye0012:

Brasscatz
07-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Haha :p Did you say those visits were once a year... or once a week!:rolleye0012:

Unfortunately, once a year. But once a week would be nice! :ass:

XJ Wheeler
07-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Got word from the dermatologist, it is a melanoma. Talk of surgery to remove the rest and get a lymph node biopsy. But her blood levels seem to continue to drop with the exception of the hemoglobin. They think it might be the pneumonia and antibiotics but they're doing a bone marrow aspiration Wednesday to check on the blast. If her levels keep dropping she can't do the surgery though.:pray:

Brasscatz
07-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Definitely saying some prayers for ya bro

XJ Wheeler
07-14-2012, 01:09 AM
So Wednesday she got the bone marrow aspiration done.

Today we got the results, 3% blast. Still in REMISSION!!! Woohoo!

Blood levels still a little screwy.

Thanks to any and all for the prayers and thoughts. Still many miles to go on this ride.

Brasscatz
07-14-2012, 11:54 AM
That's great Jake!! Thanks for the update! I was actually thinking about you guys last night wondering how things were going

XJ Wheeler
07-14-2012, 04:18 PM
That's great Jake!! Thanks for the update! I was actually thinking about you guys last night wondering how things were going

Thanks Jim, now we gotta find out more about the melanoma.

msmoorenburg
07-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Right off 1488 near I-45. Haven't really been doing anything but taking care of her though.

less than 5 mins from ME :comfort:

XJ Wheeler
07-16-2012, 12:15 PM
less than 5 mins from ME :comfort:

Very useful information.:rolleye0012: Got a lot of things that need wrenchin.

XJ Wheeler
07-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Update:

Her blood levels have been going up slowly then down a little and up a little. She's been swelling some off and on the last couple days and she's had a weird spell of disorientation.

Melanoma people have been dragging their feet, apparently a very busy place and hard to get in. Saw the doc today and he struck us with starting the third round of chemotherapy today but there's no rooms so it will be tomorrow. He said the melanoma doc can just see her while she's inpatient.:pray:

XJ Wheeler
07-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Finally got into a room around 11pm and started the chemotherapy a couple hours ago. So far all is well but she's just began, hopefully no pneumonia this time.

Brasscatz
07-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Do they have DVD players or something up there for y'all? Something that will help pass the hours while you guys are up there?

XJ Wheeler
07-22-2012, 04:57 PM
They have free movies on the tv's plus there's plenty of stations. I'm on my phone a some too, xjtalk, books, and just plain ol searching and learning.

Brasscatz
07-22-2012, 11:09 PM
That's good bro. Back in '97, my dad was almost killed in a car accident and I remember those endless hours in a hospital room with nothing to do to pass the time. Still prayin for you guys, bro.

XJ Wheeler
07-23-2012, 12:32 AM
I've had a lot of experience waiting in my life so its not too bad (internet helps).

Thanks again for praying!

4.3LXJ
07-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Been sending them up for you and her.

XJ Wheeler
07-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks Steve!

She's been doing pretty good. Blood levels still all screwy though.

4.3LXJ
07-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Considering what chemotherapy is, I wouldn't be surprised.

XJ Wheeler
07-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Considering what chemotherapy is, I wouldn't be surprised.

Very true... potent stuff.

XJ Wheeler
07-25-2012, 04:03 AM
She had a ct scan done on her lungs yesterday to check on the infection (pneumonia) and today the doc said her lungs are looking better.

This cycle of chemo should be finished up tonight and tomorrow is the plan for discharge.

She's been a little tired and a slight bit of dizziness but doing fairly well in my opinion.

Brasscatz
07-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Love hearing the positive news!

XJ Wheeler
07-25-2012, 05:39 PM
And... Discharged!

Brasscatz
07-25-2012, 06:28 PM
WooHoo! Time for Mexican food and a comfy sofa at home sweet home!

XJ Wheeler
07-25-2012, 07:07 PM

Ha, that's exactly what happened. Although we tried a new place that... well, i just say i'm not going there again. At least if i want good food.:watermelon:

Brasscatz
07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
I've been to many of those... Juan and Lefty's was one I'll never revisit. Kinda sad, but Los Cucos and Gringo's are the regular ones for us... until we find better.

XJ Wheeler
07-25-2012, 09:04 PM
I've been to many of those... Juan and Lefty's was one I'll never revisit. Kinda sad, but Los Cucos and Gringo's are the regular ones for us... until we find better.

Good to know. El Chaparro is the one i'll be avoiding now.

Brasscatz
07-25-2012, 09:30 PM
I've heard mixed reviews about them. Escalante's has a couple locations and is really pretty good. Two Amigos off 290 has great flautas, and a fairly new one by Willowbrook Mall called Ruby Tequila's has some of the best chips and salsa I've had in a while (chips and salsa are a maaaaajor factor for me :)) There are still several around that I want to try, but we usually end up going with my mother-in-law on her dime, so typically it's Los Cucos.

XJ Wheeler
07-25-2012, 10:02 PM
I've heard mixed reviews about them. Escalante's has a couple locations and is really pretty good. Two Amigos off 290 has great flautas, and a fairly new one by Willowbrook Mall called Ruby Tequila's has some of the best chips and salsa I've had in a while (chips and salsa are a maaaaajor factor for me :)) There are still several around that I want to try, but we usually end up going with my mother-in-law on her dime, so typically it's Los Cucos.

Thanks for the info, you never know. Ever been to Chuy's? Got one near i've been thinking about trying.

I'm all about the queso.:D

Brasscatz
07-25-2012, 11:06 PM
I haven't tried them yet. Sounds like I need to!

Mudderoy
07-26-2012, 07:33 AM

Ahhhh now the plastic on Grandma's couch makes sense!

XJ Wheeler
08-02-2012, 03:42 AM
Well, as expected her levels have been dropping, today she got a platelet transfusion and a blood transfusion on Monday. Been feeling run down, not much spunk. Should perk up when the levels recover, hopefully easily this time.

XJ Wheeler
08-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Two more units of blood today, still in the low point with her levels.

4x4Dalton
08-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Hey Jake thoughts and prayers bro.Hey man anytime ya want to get away for a while come on over to Matts shop Im here.

Brasscatz
08-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Sorry to hear they are still low. What are the doctors' expectations?

XJ Wheeler
08-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Hey Jake thoughts and prayers bro.Hey man anytime ya want to get away for a while come on over to Matts shop Im here.

Thanks for the offer but for the time being i feel i can't leave her. Might take you up on that later when things level out.

XJ Wheeler
08-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Sorry to hear they are still low. What are the doctors' expectations?

They say that typically around days 21-22 is the average for the levels to start recovering after a round. She's at day 13 now.

XJ Wheeler
08-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Not much sleep last night, had to take her to the hospital. Overnight, and rather fast onset, she spiked a 102.4° fever as well as aches and pains. Got on over to MD and were in the emergency department now and have been for a while. Fever's still hanging on and everything else. They've done some tests with no insight yet, its not pneumonia though. They have her on antibiotics and something for pain. She's gonna be admitted and hopefully we can find out what's going on and take care of it.:pray:

Brasscatz
08-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Saying double prayers for you guys

XJ Wheeler
08-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Ok, so this morning they now say it is pneumonia plus some pleurisy too. Did a ct scan earlier as well, so hopefully that will give us more insight. Blood work as well. They've switched up her antibiotics.

She has been feeling a little better. The fever has at the moment subsided. No more chills and aches. Been having rapid breathing but its has gotten some better. Although now she is extremely drowsy, can't even keep her awake long enough take her temp. And at the moment she's sleeping and drenched in sweat.

4.3LXJ
08-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Sent one up for you both.

Brasscatz
08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Well, the good news is that while she's asleep she doesn't feel bad. And sleep is sooooo good for her too.

XJ Wheeler
08-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Sleep is good but this was like she was almost in a coma. Anyways she woke up during the night and has been more active. Earlier she went for another test where they go into her lungs.

XJ Wheeler
08-09-2012, 03:36 AM
Update: She's been feeling somewhat better the last couple days except for some severe legs pains last night. Her temp has held steady in the norm, breathing's been better, and she's been much more active.

Although yesterday the docs were a pain and rude to her. One actually told her this is her fault, can't lie, that one made my blood boil a little. She's done everything she can to stay away from germs and here they group everyone together like cattle. How could she not get something here.

Anyways... we're told tomorrow she gets discharged. Ready to be home for sure!

Brasscatz
08-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Woah. I would have taken offense to that if a doctor said that to me too. Sometimes they just don't seem to have the people skills or common sense that others do.

XJ Wheeler
08-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah! And the same doctor was downright mean today as well. Told her she didn't have the time when my mom was trying to describe her symptoms. Somebody's gonna be hearing an earful when we leave here.

Anyways, she's been coughing more and having some more pains. So their keeping her to do some more tests. Even with all that she's in great spirits and i'm glad to see it.

Brasscatz
08-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Very glad to hear she's in great spirits! I think I'd have to have a chat with somebody BEFORE we left, otherwise the chances of this doctor's attitude continuing is greater.

XJ Wheeler
08-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Very glad to hear she's in great spirits! I think I'd have to have a chat with somebody BEFORE we left, otherwise the chances of this doctor's attitude continuing is greater.

She doesn't want to stir the hive while she's still in their care.

Brasscatz
08-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Totally understandable

XJ Wheeler
08-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Change in plans, maybe Monday going home. One of the cultures they took several days ago finally did its thing and it shows a bacteria. They won't know what it is exactly till tomorrow and by then the company that delivers the antibiotics isn't open on the weekend.

Also they did a ct scan on her neck due to pain and found a possible aneurysm on the basilar artery. Will know for sure cause they're gonna due a MRI.

Oh and her arm with the picc line has been hurting so they did an ultrasound and we'll get the results back soon if there's a clot.

Brasscatz
08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Wow man. That's an awful lot of stuff going on and horrible anxiety having to wait on results. Any why wouldn't a #$%^ company that delivers antibiotics be open on a ^*$&# weekend??? That would be like a fire department closing for the weekend.

XJ Wheeler
08-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Wow man. That's an awful lot of stuff going on and horrible anxiety having to wait on results. Any why wouldn't a #$%^ company that delivers antibiotics be open on a ^*$&# weekend??? That would be like a fire department closing for the weekend.

I know, really!:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

XJ Wheeler
08-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Results on ultrasound came back and there was a clot so they removed the picc line. They've temporarily put an iv in her left arm. Hopefully they can put the new one in her arm and not have to go to the neck.

Still haven't gotten the mri done.

Brasscatz
08-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Still praying for you bro. Any time you want to do another synchronized prayer... you pick the time and date and we'll all make it happen for you, bud.

XJ Wheeler
08-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Still praying for you bro. Any time you want to do another synchronized prayer... you pick the time and date and we'll all make it happen for you, bud.

Sounds great, i'll get back to ya on the specifics.

XJ Wheeler
08-14-2012, 05:33 AM
Ok, now she will have a ct angiogram in lieu of the mri, and its done with contrast (to. make the veins show up better in the scan). They did a special scan to look for clots in both arms and surprisingly they showed none, especially since two days ago there was one a few inches long. Today they proceeded to put a new pic line in her left arm but met resistance at the shoulder area.

The next option is in the top of her chest by her neck, so the plan is to have that done tomorrow so they can inject the contrast stuff and do the ct. They have to have a bigger line for the contrast, the iv team tried to insert a larger iv but just blew her arm up.

Oh, and she has a new doctor!

Jim, since today is suppose to be a hard day on her i thought that we could do the synchronized prayer around 4pm? Sorry its not much notice.

Brasscatz
08-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Ok, now she will have a ct angiogram in lieu of the mri, and its done with contrast (to. make the veins show up better in the scan). They did a special scan to look for clots in both arms and surprisingly they showed none, especially since two days ago there was one a few inches long. Today they proceeded to put a new pic line in her left arm but met resistance at the shoulder area.

The next option is in the top of her chest by her neck, so the plan is to have that done tomorrow so they can inject the contrast stuff and do the ct. They have to have a bigger line for the contrast, the iv team tried to insert a larger iv but just blew her arm up.

Oh, and she has a new doctor!

Jim, since today is suppose to be a hard day on her i thought that we could do the synchronized prayer around 4pm? Sorry its not much notice.

Setting my phone alarm now, bro

Cartman4241
08-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Setting my phone alarm now, bro

Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XJ Wheeler
08-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks a ton guys! There's power in prayer and numbers, so the two combined must be unstoppable!

Brasscatz
08-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks a ton guys! There's power in prayer and numbers, so the two combined must be unstoppable!

There were more than just us two, Jake. People may not have posted about it, but I know there were more than just two ;)

Now, if you wouldn't mind, say one for me as I'm about to get my old butt out there and play 2 softball games. :D I'm definitely not 18 anymore and I feel it every time! Strained a groin 2 weeks ago, let's hope for no injuries this time!

XJ Wheeler
08-14-2012, 07:57 PM
There were more than just us two, Jake. People may not have posted about it, but I know there were more than just two ;)

Now, if you wouldn't mind, say one for me as I'm about to get my old butt out there and play 2 softball games. :D I'm definitely not 18 anymore and I feel it every time! Strained a groin 2 weeks ago, let's hope for no injuries this time!

I sure will, now get out there and show em how its done.

XJ Wheeler
08-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Finally got the picc line (not sure if this one is called that same thing but that's what i'm going with) placed in her chest and did the ct. When they were putting the line in they hit her bone, which caused much pain (even still its hurting her).

Not long after returning from the ct a doctor came by and told us it is a 6mm aneurysm in her basilar artery at the base of her brain. Although he originally came in and completely freaked us out by telling us it was 6cm, he called down and got it wrong. Don't know much else now, should have more tomorrow.

XJ Wheeler
08-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Finally going home! Its only the second time i've been outside in 12 days.

The word on the aneurysm. Yesterday one of the in-house neuro surgeons came by and talk to us. He says there's a 2.5% risk of it rupturing each year, adding up each year. They think its best to go in and "coil" it off and place a stent in the artery. Although they can't do it at MD Anderson, so they are sending her to another hospital. The scariest part to me is they're saying she might be under for 5-6 hours for the surgery. Anyways she has an appointment Monday with them, so more info to come. The ones at md are talking about this being done very soon, so...

Brasscatz
08-16-2012, 08:13 PM
I know it's scary, but I'm guessing they are going to refer to to the Debakey Center in the Med Center? My Father-in-law had an Acute Aortic Dissection about a week before Hurricane Ike hit us, and that's the best Cardio Hospital in the world. They got him fixed up good as new, (They were VERY surprised he survived the tear in the first place).

XJ Wheeler
08-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I know it's scary, but I'm guessing they are going to refer to to the Debakey Center in the Med Center? My Father-in-law had an Acute Aortic Dissection about a week before Hurricane Ike hit us, and that's the best Cardio Hospital in the world. They got him fixed up good as new, (They were VERY surprised he survived the tear in the first place).

Glad he got through that, what a time for it to happen too.

This is actually at the bottom of her brain, where the stem attaches. So, its actually going to be St.Lukes across the street from md, but the doctor is at Baylor.

Brasscatz
08-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Gotcha. The good thing is that doctors refer to the best for the job. Especially being a Baylor Medicine doctor, he's got tons of success with that stuff ;)

XJ Wheeler
08-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Did another bone marrow aspiration to check on the remission, please pray for good results.

Brasscatz
08-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Did another bone marrow aspiration to check on the remission, please pray for good results.

Definitely

cherokeemudslinger
08-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Sending prayers from Indiana . For your family and close friends ,we will pray for a speedy recovery

jdougn
08-18-2012, 06:07 AM
I get "daily" updates via email on this page and don't post every time. But I do pray every time there is an update because that's what keeps any of us going. So, you have my prayers for your wife's health, your spiritual strength, and your family.

XJ Wheeler
08-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I get "daily" updates via email on this page and don't post every time. But I do pray every time there is an update because that's what keeps any of us going. So, you have my prayers for your wife's health, your spiritual strength, and your family.

Thanks, that's a lot of prayers. :thumbsup: Although i'm not married, its my mom.

cherokeemudslinger
08-19-2012, 02:35 AM
Sending out tons of prayers today and tonight for you and your family bro everything is going to come out just fine . Much love and prayers coming from everywhere for you all . I too receive emails when some one else post and every time i send one more with theirs keep strong brother

jdougn
08-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Sorry I missed the detail that it's your mom. I'll correct that in my prayers.

XJ Wheeler
08-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Sending out tons of prayers today and tonight for you and your family bro everything is going to come out just fine . Much love and prayers coming from everywhere for you all . I too receive emails when some one else post and every time i send one more with theirs keep strong brother
Thank you very much, from all of us!

Sorry I missed the detail that it's your mom. I'll correct that in my prayers.

No problem, i'm sure they were still understood. Very much appreciated!

XJ Wheeler
08-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Got done at the neuro doctors. He feels it would be best to wait to deal with the aneurysm due to all her body has to go through already and get done with dealing with the leukemia and melanoma. He described what will most likely eventually happen to deal with it.:shocker:

And... The preliminary results are back on the bone marrow... 3% blast... Still in REMISSION!!!!:cheerleader:

cherokeemudslinger
08-20-2012, 05:41 PM
We all are hanging in there bub glad it still in remission thats some good news and a lil relief for everybody . She is a trooper being strong . All the other problems will resolve for sure . . Hang in there bub its gonna get better . Shooting up the prayers tonight

Brasscatz
08-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Dang glad to hear she's still in remission! Baby steps, bro! We'll take care of the issues one at a time and she'll be good as new! This is a true testament to the strength that a family (and their "extended" family) has. You guys are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

XJ Wheeler
08-30-2012, 03:48 AM
Been seeing more doctors. Cardiologist to monitor her blood pressure as its extremely important for it not to get as high as it was getting because of the aneurysm. Hematologist cause they're concerned about the reason she's getting blood clots in the picc lines. Not much came of these appointments but it comforting to have them.

The main doctor has said this Friday is the plan to start round 4, although he's not sure what treatment she is going to receive this time as of the last meeting. The reasoning is the treatments she has had the last two round have done well to keep the leukemia at bay but has also been quite hard on the rest of her body. Should know more Friday.

She also has had to cut back on the anti-smoking aids due to the included nicotine is somehow bad with an aneurysm.

Her legs and feet have been swelling and she often complains of pain there. The only answer we've gotten is its a side effect of a medication.

She's had some difficulty dealing with all that has happened and has been upset at times. But i think the lack of nicotine might be playing a role in that.

Many, many thanks to any and all that have taken the time to pray and ask others the same. Faith in the Lord is the main thing carrying us through all this and your prayers strengthen that faith, so i deeply appreciate each and every one. You guys are the best.:thanx:

Brasscatz
08-30-2012, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the update, Jake. Take it from me... Nicotine is a vicious monster and it can definitely affect a person's moods/emotions. Prayers are there for as long as you need them and longer

XJ Wheeler
08-31-2012, 10:50 PM
So, the doc gave her the weekend off to continue to recover a little more. Woohoo!

Have a safe and happy holiday & weekend everyone.

Brasscatz
08-31-2012, 11:00 PM
So, the doc gave her the weekend off to continue to recover a little more. Woohoo!

Have a safe and happy holiday & weekend everyone.

Sweet! You guys do the same!