PDA

View Full Version : What is missing on xjtalk?

Mudderoy
03-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Anything you'd like to see added, removed? Post anything you like, however I will warn you that great ideas that require extensive programming might happen but it is unlikely giving the learning curve and time investment involved.

Still love to hear the idea, you never know.

cantab27
03-23-2012, 02:01 PM
ya need ya live shows back...even once a month at a good time for most peoples....good info and the humer was great...like they all have said before ,you have a great face for radio ...............sorry had too

Mudderoy
03-23-2012, 02:14 PM
ya need ya live shows back...even once a month at a good time for most peoples....good info and the humer was great...like they all have said before ,you have a great face for radio ...............sorry had too

lol yeah I've been trying to figure a way to do it. Need to get it going again.

msmoorenburg
03-23-2012, 09:24 PM
:sign0181: Vendor rating :) sorry guys I had too

Mudderoy
03-23-2012, 09:30 PM
:sign0181: Vendor rating :) sorry guys I had too

Nope thats a good one but that goes under the heading of custom programming (as far as I know).

With a little help from Matt we found it and installed it. You'll now see a trader (not vendor) rating system. Feedback score just below the name of the person's post. You'll only see this in the Commerce forums. This may change as we use and learn.

You can check your feedback score, etc... by clicking on your name in the upper right hand corner of the page (or your name in one of your posts) and then clicking on the Feedback tab

89Laredo
03-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Automatic Image resizing.
I was going to bring my writeups over here and realized the images were HUGE in the preview.
1024x768 or something would be good.

I have an example of two different kinds of images in BB code in the test area, look at how big t hey are.

JENSSEN
03-24-2012, 07:43 PM
ya need ya live shows back...even once a month at a good time for most peoples....

:pray: bring the webcasts back! :pray:

4.3LXJ
03-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Tony, I was having a thought about thanking posters. It is easy and fast to click on the thanks button. But the poster may not know you have thanked him. Is there a way to notify the poster by email that he has been thanked?

Mudderoy
03-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Tony, I was having a thought about thanking posters. It is easy and fast to click on the thanks button. But the poster may not know you have thanked him. Is there a way to notify the poster by email that he has been thanked?

I just double checked Steve. The add on makes no provisions for that, however the number of thanks do show up on the right hand side each time you make a post. The information is there you just have to look for it.

89Laredo
03-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Hm... How about not removing a users threads, or at least an explanation of why? That would be lovely.
Not a very good first impression guys.

Mudderoy
03-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Hm... How about not removing a users threads, or at least an explanation of why? That would be lovely.

That was my fault. I moved it so I could clean it up. I got busy and forgot to send you a message about it.

I have cleaned up the thread and now sent you a PM.

prerunner1982
03-27-2012, 03:33 PM

And all he was trying to do was help you out.

Mudderoy is a pretty easy going guy. He and the Mods here are stand up guys and try to help the members as much as they can so jumping in with an attitude really isn't necessary here....like it is on say CF or Pirate.

Did you PM a mod to see what the issue was? Typically that would have been a good place to start.

EekGirl96
03-27-2012, 03:51 PM
I may be missing it, but if not add AZ to the "region" area :)

prerunner1982
03-27-2012, 03:59 PM

Except for California most every state in the western US is missing from the region area.

Mudderoy
03-27-2012, 04:06 PM

Originally I had all the states set up. No one ever used them and there were SOOOO many it made the forum page very long. It was a lot of work to set up and eventually I just deleted it all. So then I went to regions. I figured I'd add them as requested as long as there were several people that planed on using it.

All I ask is that 3 or 4 people from that state get together and request it.

EekGirl96
03-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Makes sense, I liked it...met alot of chill people and rigs thru the CF AZ page

Mudderoy
03-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Makes sense, I liked it...met alot of chill people and rigs thru the CF AZ page

Get them over here! Hell we can even make an area and password protect it for the Arizonians! :rolleye0012:

prerunner1982
03-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Amber.. I feel ya. There is a region that includes Oklahoma, but I think I am the only Oklahoma member here.

EekGirl96
03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Lol ill link this site to my cf one
Im pretty sure im the only person from AZ on this site

Mudderoy
03-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Lol ill link this site to my cf one
Im pretty sure im the only person from AZ on this site

No there are more, I believe you're the most active currently though.

EekGirl96
03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Lol in other words, I have no life since im almost always on...

prerunner1982
03-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Lol in other words, I have no life since im almost always on...

And there is nothing wrong with that... we are glad to have you. You are in good company.

EekGirl96
03-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Aw thanks :)

89Laredo
03-27-2012, 06:00 PM
...like it is on say CF or Pirate....

Did you PM a mod to see what the issue was? Typically that would have been a good place to start.
lol. Just came off a month ban on CF and dont post on Pirate. GL4x4 is the best general forum and is barely moderated.

Yes, since one of the mods is who told me this place is "the best"...
I Pmed him and he didnt know WTF was going on either and brought my thread back about an hour later.

Brasscatz
03-27-2012, 07:06 PM
lol. Just came off a month ban on CF and dont post on Pirate. GL4x4 is the best general forum and is barely moderated.

Yes, since one of the mods is who told me this place is "the best"...
I Pmed him and he didnt know WTF was going on either and brought my thread back about an hour later.

No worries buddy. We're all friends here :patriot:

KH96XJ
03-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Something I saw on another site that might be helpful was a section of information/safety videos. An example http://youtu.be/0xsV2FJin_A.

cherok
03-29-2012, 11:10 PM
The featured video and photo on the front page could change more often.

Hope to be published there myself once.:camera:

So what is missing: speed!

Mudderoy
03-30-2012, 09:17 AM

I agree! I keep watching for good videos to be posted here.

EekGirl96
03-30-2012, 11:08 AM

I second this,...I hope to be a "featured XJ" :)

You could do a "COTM" thread(cherokee of the month)

Mudderoy
03-30-2012, 11:15 AM
I second this,...I hope to be a "featured XJ" :)

You could do a "COTM" thread(cherokee of the month)

Thanks, COTM was suggested couple of years ago. It was voted down by the majority (mods/admins) since every other Jeep site does it.

EekGirl96
03-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks, COTM was suggested couple of years ago. It was voted down by the majority (mods/admins) since every other Jeep site does it.

Well the "featured xj" is on the same lines as that isnt it?

4.3LXJ
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM
I think that you need a larger membership than we have. On another forum, it is the same guys trading COTM back and forth each month. I think the featured XJ is a better plan for us.

EekGirl96
03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
well how does the featured xj work?

Mudderoy
03-30-2012, 09:50 PM
well how does the featured xj work?

If I see something I like I put it up. The mods can tell me the one(s) they like and I'll put it up. Just a random thing. Really meant to help incite people to come on in and look around.

XJ4IV
03-30-2012, 10:02 PM
well on another forum there was a vote on best PIC of YOUR jeep! and the pic would include something more than just a poser pic... like and INCREDIBLE back ground or a very interesting predicament or a real head scratcher position...
all pics would have to be submitted by a certain date and then there would be a week to have everyone vote on which ever they liked (private vote of course) then whoever wins has that same pic on the front page of XJTalk.com and a story explaining the picture for the month until another comes along and wins... winning picture is no longer allowed to be submitted another time!

4.3LXJ
03-30-2012, 10:07 PM
That might be a good thing. You could compete despite a low budget.

Niac
03-31-2012, 09:53 PM
How about making he "Notices" at the top of each page smaller. Or move it down to the bottom. Or move other stuff down or smaller. On each page I have to scroll down to read the first post. It's not a problem with the desktop but with the netbook I usually use or my Kindle it's a pain scrolling down to read the first post.

cherok
04-01-2012, 05:33 AM
For my profession I'm a SHEQ-officer. Quality is one of the things I look at.

Quality is according ISO-9001 all about customer satisfaction.

Mudderoy, just a guy,

You are doing a great job on customer satisfaction.
:thumbsup:

:innocent0002::love0007::sign0142::thanx::yourock: :goodjob:

Jeephead98
06-08-2012, 02:28 AM
How come there isn't a Mountain States xjTalk region?? ie: Colorado,Utah,Wyoming area.

prerunner1982
07-20-2012, 11:59 PM
How come there isn't a Mountain States xjTalk region?? ie: Colorado,Utah,Wyoming area.

There just may not be enough member here to warrant it. If there are enough members and everyone speaks up I am sure Tony (Mudderoy) would have no problem adding it.

4.3LXJ
07-21-2012, 08:05 AM
You need a minimum of three in that area to request it.

BlueXJ
07-21-2012, 08:55 AM
If you have enough positive things then here is a negative item. I hate the chat area and if I could permanently minimize it I would. If you want to chat go to FB or some such site. This is a Jeep site not a social media site. Probably gonna be in trouble for that comment.

Brasscatz
07-21-2012, 09:34 AM
If you have enough positive things then here is a negative item. I hate the chat area and if I could permanently minimize it I would. If you want to chat go to FB or some such site. This is a Jeep site not a social media site. Probably gonna be in trouble for that comment.

http://youtu.be/-Zbt_R_d_V4

Mudderoy
07-21-2012, 02:11 PM

BlueXJ; Try UserCP > Edit Options and scroll all the way to the bottom.

http://www.xjtalk.com/images/special/chatboxoff.png

Carves
07-21-2012, 09:51 PM

No reason for you to get in trouble ....

Im sure we all recoil in horror ..... at what cantab posts in the chatbox sometimes .... :smiley-laughing021:

My thoughts are ..... Having the chatbox saves on having more damned annoying windows open for other applications tho ;)

bigjim350
07-21-2012, 11:42 PM

Yeah it is quite annoying, takes up almost 1" of my screen.....

BlueXJ
07-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks guys, I thought I had explored this whole site but I had never seen that setting. I am a whole lot happier now.

Mudderoy
07-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys, I thought I had explored this whole site but I had never seen that setting. I am a whole lot happier now.

Great! Let that be a lesson to you and everyone else. Ask if you have a problem, we may have a solution! :love0007:

dagod16
08-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know how I listen to XJ Talk live? What station, what time? How do I call in?

Rob

Mudderoy
08-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Does anyone know how I listen to XJ Talk live? What station, what time? How do I call in?

Rob

Its a podcast. What that means is it isn't live. Its recorded and you get to listen when it is convenient for you.

You can subscribe to the show via iTunes!

You can call in to our voicemail and leave a message.

You've probably already heard all of this on the podcast, but just in case...

prerunner1982
08-07-2012, 11:17 PM

Rob

Robert, when it first started it was live with a live chat to go with it. It was fun, but I believe it was difficult to do it at a time that worked well for the most people. With the relative small membership compared to other Cherokee forums, the most active members were not always available at the same time to take part. Now it doesn't matter when Tony (Mudderoy) produces the show, it is all when convenient for him.

I would still like to see a live show on occasion.

Mudderoy
08-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Robert, when it first started it was live with a live chat to go with it. It was fun, but I believe it was difficult to do it at a time that worked well for the most people. With the relative small membership compared to other Cherokee forums, the most active members were not always available at the same time to take part. Now it doesn't matter when Tony (Mudderoy) produces the show, it is all when convenient for him.

I would still like to see a live show on occasion.

If the numbers increase enough we'll do a live show again.

bigjim350
08-07-2012, 11:27 PM
I really do miss the live shows, was a damn good time

dagod16
08-08-2012, 02:34 AM
So I can call this number 530 675 4102 and we can have a nice little recorded conversion about my jeep and what I have done?
And then listen to it later on, cool beans!!!
Rob

cantab27
08-08-2012, 02:51 AM
I really do miss the live shows, was a damn good time

you know this pains me jim...but i have to agree with you...was fun times...

Mudderoy
08-08-2012, 02:53 AM
So I can call this number 530 675 4102 and we can have a nice little recorded conversion about my jeep and what I have done?
And then listen to it later on, cool beans!!!
Rob

Yep, of course you can always be on the show via an interview.

Mudderoy
08-08-2012, 02:55 AM
you know this pains me jim...but i have to agree with you...was fun times...

Everyone knows both the live show and podcast stopped due to lack of participation, right?

Podcast is back on but there's no sense in having a live show (it's a lot of effort) if no one shows up. I think that as the audience builds, IF the audience builds, we can do a live show, maybe monthly. Someone suggested that and I thought it was a good idea.

bigjim350
08-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Everyone knows both the live show and podcast stopped due to lack of participation, right?

Podcast is back on but there's no sense in having a live show (it's a lot of effort) if no one shows up. I think that as the audience builds, IF the audience builds, we can do a live show, maybe monthly. Someone suggested that and I thought it was a good idea.

Hey I was there pretty much every show. So were a few other folks including rene. Think he left cause you quit the live shows.....:p

Mudderoy
08-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Hey I was there pretty much every show. So were a few other folks including rene. Think he left cause you quit the live shows.....:p

Well Jim it was like the Houston meet and greet. I could always bet on your being there, but when only two people show up to a live show.... :D

NW99XJ
08-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm an active "podcaster" (listener)... since I'm at work in front of a computer 10hrs a day, I dont have much else to do to occupy my mind. I stumbled across XJtalk thru a random google search one day a year or so ago, (i think I actually searched for "XJ podcast")...and was delighted to come across XJtalk.com. I'm an active member on other forums, and it took me a little while to get my butt in gear to be more active here as well. I've listened to pretty much every podcast in the archive, (it was interesting to see/hear the progression & development of this by the way,) and was sad to see you drop off for a little while. But I'm glad your back, and I'll be spreading the word in the other forums to hopefully drum up some more participation/listener-ship.
Thanks for doing what you do Tony! -Keep up the good work.
(..and I'm going to pick my brains to see if I cant come up with a noteworthy tech tip to skype in with!)

Mudderoy
08-08-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm an active "podcaster" (listener)... since I'm at work in front of a computer 10hrs a day, I dont have much else to do to occupy my mind. I stumbled across XJtalk thru a random google search one day a year or so ago, (i think I actually searched for "XJ podcast")...and was delighted to come across XJtalk.com. I'm an active member on other forums, and it took me a little while to get my butt in gear to be more active here as well. I've listened to pretty much every podcast in the archive, (it was interesting to see/hear the progression & development of this by the way,) and was sad to see you drop off for a little while. But I'm glad your back, and I'll be spreading the word in the other forums to hopefully drum up some more participation/listener-ship.
Thanks for doing what you do Tony! -Keep up the good work.
(..and I'm going to pick my brains to see if I cant come up with a noteworthy tech tip to skype in with!)

Well certainly glad you found us. I was trying to think of a way to make xjtalk a little different and I thought the podcast thing would be fun.

That would be great. If you (everyone) listen to the podcast you'll see it's just a conversation between two people. So don't be nervous about being on the show. It's not like I'm a professional broadcaster or anything!!!!

cpttuna
11-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I would like to see a section where I could look for a certain jeep part (along with part #)that was not an oem part. When I am looking for a part, I want to put the best quality part on my jeep. Bob may buy his parts from autozone because they have a lifetime warranty and he goes back there every 3 months when the part breaks. he then puts the new part on himself. everyone does not have the ability to do that. I like made in the USA parts. I don't know how much time I have spent looking for brake rotors made in the USA. To the best of my knowledge, there are none. I did like the comments on this site about replacing motor mounts and whether to get rubber or poly bushings. that is the kind of thing I would like to see more of. Finally, I am not against the junk yard when it comes to needing something. The JY may have the best price.

ArmyGuy45
12-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Do we have a tattoo thread? Would anyone like to have one?

XJ Wheeler
12-17-2012, 11:20 PM
I believe bear started one just a couple weeks ago.

XJ Wheeler
12-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Here it is. http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12661

ArmyGuy45
12-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Here it is. http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12661

Awesome thx. I did a search and didnt get anything.