PDA

View Full Version : So I got a new phone...

toebee97
03-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Went with the Samsung Galaxy Note. I've been following this phone since it was released internationally last fall, and I knew right away that was my huckleberry. It's probably the most badass phone I've ever owned, and I've owned ALOT of them. Here's a short list of specs for anyone interested.

*Quad-band GSM and tri-band 3G support
*21 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
*LTE network connectivity
*5.3" 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of HiDef resolution (800 x 1280 pixels)
*Android OS v2.3.6 with TouchWiz 4 launcher
*1.5 GHz dual-core Scorpion CPU, Adreno 220 GPU, Snapdragon S3 chipset, *1GB of RAM
*Pre-bundled with the S Pen active stylus
*8 MP wide-angle autofocus camera with LED flash, face, smile and blink detection
*Video recording of up to 1080p@30fps
*Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g and n support; Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi hotspot
*GPS with A-GPS connectivity; Digital compass
*16 GB internal storage, microSD slot
*Accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor
*Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
*Charging MHL microUSB port with USB host and TV-out (1080p through optional adapter) support
*Stereo Bluetooth v3.0
*Great audio quality
*9.7 mm slim and weighs a reasonable 178g
*2MP secondary video-call camera
*Full Flash support and GPU-acceleration for the web browser permit 1080p flash video playback
*Document editor
*File manager comes preinstalled
*Extremely rich audio and video format support
*2500 mAh battery

Here's a couple pics of it. First one is next to my old phones, an Htc Inspire 4G and Htc Aria. Second one is next to my wife's kindle and iPhone. The thing is effin huge. It was factory for about an hour, then I rooted it, removed the bloatware, and installed a custom recovery partition and overclocked it. My wife says I have issues. LOL

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj289/toebee97/IMG_0447.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj289/toebee97/IMG_0448.jpg

cantab27
03-03-2012, 01:14 AM
does everything but takes calls tony.........how did we go 10 or so years ago when we didnt have cells....cool looking phone but..

toebee97
03-03-2012, 01:16 AM
does everything but takes calls tony.........how did we go 10 or so years ago when we didnt have cells....cool looking phone but..
LOL it takes calls, has great call quality too. I can even make video calls since it has a front camera.

4.3LXJ
03-03-2012, 10:17 AM
The new phones are fun. I use the GPS feature a lot and have downloaded an app for topographical trail maps. Very handy off road.

toebee97
03-03-2012, 12:40 PM
The new phones are fun. I use the GPS feature a lot and have downloaded an app for topographical trail maps. Very handy off road.
What app is that Steve? I kinda wanna check it out...

4.3LXJ
03-03-2012, 01:56 PM
It is called Back Country Navigator. There is a free Demo good for 30 days. It is a $10 app and works well with a good zoom that will pinpoint your location. It does not work like the navigator function in that it will not give you directions, but will plot way points for you and link pics on your phone of those locations. Here is a pic of mine in action on a trail I have been on before I got the phone

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_1273.jpg

toebee97
03-04-2012, 04:31 AM
It is called Back Country Navigator. There is a free Demo good for 30 days. It is a $10 app and works well with a good zoom that will pinpoint your location. It does not work like the navigator function in that it will not give you directions, but will plot way points for you and link pics on your phone of those locations. Here is a pic of mine in action on a trail I have been on before I got the phone

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_1273.jpg

Looks like a sweet app, I'm gonna have to check that out.

Also, that looks like a Droid X... I literally just rooted and flashed one of those for my boss last night. I think I might have a problem. :crazy:

4.3LXJ
03-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Looks like a sweet app, I'm gonna have to check that out.

Also, that looks like a Droid X... I literally just rooted and flashed one of those for my boss last night. I think I might have a problem. :crazy:

Is it anything like a Jeep problem?

toebee97
03-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Is it anything like a Jeep problem?
If there was a way I could combine my Jeep problem with my Android problem, my wife would probably leave me lol :D

4.3LXJ
03-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Tony, another one you might want to get is Anti Mosquito. Free app that emits a high frequency sound wave. Comes in handy in the land of the temperate rain forest. You have to stay in one spot, but they will leave you alone

bluedragon436
03-09-2012, 08:52 AM
I love my HTC, but I can't wait to pick up a newer model... I had been looking at the Inspire, have been keeping an eye out on CL for an inspire that I could use to replace my current HTC.. But they seem to not want to let them go.. And there is never anything wrong with having an addiction.. Especially when it is a legal one!! Might have to look into the Samsung Galaxy Note when I come up for upgrade..

toebee97
03-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I love my HTC, but I can't wait to pick up a newer model... I had been looking at the Inspire, have been keeping an eye out on CL for an inspire that I could use to replace my current HTC.. But they seem to not want to let them go.. And there is never anything wrong with having an addiction.. Especially when it is a legal one!! Might have to look into the Samsung Galaxy Note when I come up for upgrade..
I loved my Inspire, it was the best phone I ever had before I got my Note. There are even stable ICS Roms available for it now. I flashed Android Revolution on it and gave it to my wife when I got my new phone, she was using a iTurd with a cracked screen before that. What Htc do you have right now James? I had to trade my Captivate + $60 to get my Inspire.

bluedragon436
03-09-2012, 04:47 PM
I have the Incredible... It has been a good phone, I just want something newer and better... Damn October needs to get here already so I can upgrade.. might use my incredible after I upgrade to see if I can flash it before I kill whatever I end up getting..

toebee97
03-15-2012, 01:02 AM
I have the Incredible... It has been a good phone, I just want something newer and better... Damn October needs to get here already so I can upgrade.. might use my incredible after I upgrade to see if I can flash it before I kill whatever I end up getting..
If you're on Verizon, I'd get either the Galaxy Nexus or the Htc Rezound. Unless of course there is something better out by the time you get your upgrade, which there probably will be lol.

Dirt Dogg Rydas
03-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Is that iPhone smaller than the screen on the galaxy note?
My wife has always wanted a big phone screen and we're up for an upgrade this month, we'll have to look at that one.

xjrev10
03-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Tony, another one you might want to get is Anti Mosquito. Free app that emits a high frequency sound wave. Comes in handy in the land of the temperate rain forest. You have to stay in one spot, but they will leave you alone

Yeah right!!! I know about the app, what a joke!!

4.3LXJ
03-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah right!!! I know about the app, what a joke!!

Yeah, well it does work if you aren't walking around.